INTERNATIONAL CELEBRITY LIFESTYLE JOURNALIST, WOMEN EMPOWERMENT INFLUENCER, AUTHOR, MEDIA ENTREPRENEUR
Award winning Brand Face in Media, Fashion & Lifestyle, Ethel Da Costa is a Celebrity Lifestyle Journalist and Media Influencer with a successful media career spanning over 30 years. Born and raised in the Middle East, Kuwait and now based in India and Malaysia, she is a Post-Graduate with a Masters in Economics from Goa University, India, and is a passionate, feisty, Media & PR maverick, Social Media Influencer, Women Empowerment Speaker, Content & Communications expert, Branding & Marketing ninja, and an award winning Lifestyle & Fashion Blogger-Journalist-Writer-Author.
Ethel Da Costa rose up the corporate ladder through sheer hard work, dedication, enterprise and ambition with various publications like The Times of India-Goa Plus, Femina Magazine, Tarun Bharat Publications, OHerald Publications, Station Director-Programming Head Radio Mirchi 98.3FM, Head of Media & Publicity The International Film Festival of India, Govt of Goa, and till date continues to freelance for publications in India and abroad.
A published Author-Poet of Eve’s Revenge: Stories of Nemesis (2008), and The Stiletto Foodie – A Blog Binge in Malaysia (2021) she is a lover of the classics, shoes, travel, fashion and believes in Quality over Quantity and a simplified living. Ethel Da Costa continues to straddle the best of the East and the West with her creative leadership, making her truly a feisty global professional with a perspective that defines her experience, wisdom, inspiration and personal aspirations.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
- Awarded the Global Indian Award 2020-21 by The Indian Achievers Club, IAC, Mumbai, 2021
- Awarded the 99 Indian Women Achievers Award 2021 by The Indian Achievers Club, IAC, Mumbai, 2021
- Nominated for Women in Corporate Awards (WICA) by Women’s Web, Bangalore, 2019
- The Goa State Brand Leadership Award 2017-Women Achiever Award 2017 by Devang Mehta Business School and World CSR Day, Mumbai
- Nominated for #FundYourOwnWorth Advantage Woman 2017 nationwide campaign by ICICI Bank
- Woman Of The Decade Achievers Award 2015 by the Women Economic Forum 2015, New Delhi – Media Icon distinction for Up-scaling Media & Entertainment through eclectic creative connections.
- The Pillar of Hindustani Society Award, 2010-11 by Trans-Asian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (TACCI) Mumbai, for Dedicated contribution in the field of Media, Radio, Entertainment.
- Jaycee Creed Award 2013 (JCI Goa) for Media Exceptional Contribution to Society.
- Top 4 Finalist `Flame Thrower’ Non-Revenue, Radio Mirchi 98.3FM Goa, 2008